How to claim your Facebook page Vanity URL
I recently set up Facebook pages for a couple of local bands and in doing so i had to visit pages belonging to other bands. I was stunned to find that these pages were still using the URL that Facebook had given them.
Imagine standing on a stage calling that out or having it printed on a poster or t-shirt? It’s not the easiest to remember! What most people don’t know; when you build a Facebook page and have more than 25 fans you can claim your own Facebook Vanity URL.
Let me show you how to claim your Facebook Page Vanity URL
1. Visit https://www.facebook.com/username
Once you get there, you should see this.
2. Click on the “—Pages” drop-down and select the page you’re claiming the Vanity URL for.
3. Enter your desired Username – Keep it simple and branded and remember as it’s part of your URL it can’t have spaces or symbols.
4. Check availability – This is where Facebook tells you if your desired username is available. If it isn’t already in use by another page then you should see the box below. If you have chosen a username that is already in use then you need to get creative. You could place a hyphen (-) or underscore (_) between the words and retry.
5. If the username you chose is available, then click “Confirm”. Facebook will show you a “Success” pop-up:
6. Click the “OK” button and that’s it. Your Facebook page now has an easy to remember Vanity URL.
If you found this helpful or have any further queries, drop me a reply.